Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Abortiony Documentary!



As I was perusing the interwebs to find something to blog about today, I came across a film that is in this year's Sundance Film Fest called 12th and Delaware. There was also a piece about the film in the LA Times today.



The film is about an abortion clinic and a CPC that is located across the street from it. What intrigued me the most about it was how very insistent both directors were that they were being totally unbiased in the filming, that they were just trying to capture both sides. Other Abortioneers probably felt a lot of the same things I felt when I was watching the video above. At first I was annoyed -- I personally feel that CPCs are lying disingenuous pieces of crap. It seemed to me at first like they were trying to make the CPC "look good" or something. But the more I watched of the video clip the more I believed that they were really trying to create an accurate representation of what they saw and felt out there on that street corner in Florida. Also worth noting, the filmmakers showed the movie to both the CPC and the abortion clinic depicted in the film and both said it was fair.

Anyway, I am not how easy it would be to see this in a theater (I'm guessing pretty difficult), but it looks like it will be good, definitely worth checking out!

1 comment:

This is not a debate forum -- there are hundreds of other sites for that. This is a safe space for abortion care providers and one that respects the full spectrum of reproductive choices; comments that are not in that spirit will either wind up in the spam filter or languish in the moderation queue.