Monday, February 13, 2012

The Birth Control MANDATE!!! *@!*$



Obama says religious nonprofits will not be mandated to cover birth control in employee benefits. However insurance companies will be required to offer the services free of charge to any employee who requests them.

Call me crazy but I feel like its a good compromise. Personally I don't agree with religious organizations who don't want to include birth control, however I don't feel like they need to be mandated to provide contraception if its against their religion. However it must be available to those who want it or need it.

It seems to me that it makes since that birth control is a standard service that should be covered. The thought that religious groups don't want to include it in insurance plans is asinine to me. I respect the compromise that Obama seems to have come up with though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is not a debate forum -- there are hundreds of other sites for that. This is a safe space for abortion care providers and one that respects the full spectrum of reproductive choices; comments that are not in that spirit will either wind up in the spam filter or languish in the moderation queue.